They missed all of July because we just had to join forces with the Cultural Hall, but Arianne and Tiffany, the TWiM Sisters, are back with another fabuloso breakdown of Latter-day Saint news.
The big question! Should you attend two hours of church if you’re on vacation or just sacrament meeting?
Let’s get to the stories!
- The Alaskan assistant attorney general who was outed as a DezNat supporter has lost his job. But is that enough?
- How a heroin addict overcame addiction, found the gospel, and became a noted scholar
- Despite canceling the Saturday evening session of General Conference outright mere weeks ago, the Church has resurrected it, and it will be a session like any other
- Olympics news galore!
- Some female athletes have worn more modest apparel in their respective sports, provoking the condemnation of some and earning the admiration of others
- Meet the Latter-day Saint Olympians!
- Latter-day Saint MyKayla Skinner was leaving Tokyo for home after failing to qualify for the individual medal round in gymnastics, then she was called back, and she won a silver medal
- Meet the Tongan Latter-day saint female weightlifter
- We love Lisa Valentine Clark, who was on the pod just a few weeks ago, and now LDS Living has a new profile of her, checking in a year after she lost her husband to ALS
- How this celebrity photographer found out she’s relayed to royalty!
- A band of friends created a documentary about Marc Simons, a teenager from Murray, UT who died in 1996
- Quintuplets received their missions calls on. the. same. day.
- Meet Makenna Myler, the mom who runs marathons while uber pregant
- The Tabernacle Choir will join journalist Jane Clayson to commemorate the 20th anniversary of the September 11 attacks
Support the show!
Folks, all we’re asking is $2-$3 per month. That’s not much! And it makes a huge difference in how viable This Week in Mormons is into the future. Please become a Patron. Just click the image below!