“I can love BYU. I can love Elder Holland. I can love my gay friends and family members…. I can not love something Elder Holland says, but I can still love Elder Holland. I can still love the gospel…. I may not love the things that happen at BYU, but I can still love BYU.”
That’s Arianne’s take on Elder Holland’s remarks at BYU last week, which we covered in their immediate wake on last week’s podcast, but the situation has blown up in the week since. We have plenty to discuss on that front as well as many other Latter-day Saint stories.
Hey, and Tiffany’s daughter went off to college. Again!
Latter-day Saint News Stories
- Questions from the Closet covers Elder Holland’s remarks
- The news people missed in Elder Holland’s talk
- BYU responds to video of a man destroying LGBT chalk drawing and using gay slur
- Sister Craig talked to a stranger in a grocery store!
- Everything you need to know about Latter-day Saints in the Paralympics
- Is there a precedent for the First presidency encouraging members to be vaccinated?
- The Tabernacle Choir’s new president gets some counselors!
- New Choir president Mike Leavitt shares meaningful stories
- Latter-day Saints on American Ninja Warrior
- Crazy story of a Latter-day Saint who spied on East Germany during the Cold War
- Yay Chad Daybell
- Latter-day Saint Katie Kortman on Project Runway
Support the Show!
Huge thanks to our supporters on Patreon. Only $3 per month lets you keep This Week in Mormons coming to your inbox every week!