Of all the weeks to have Jared Gillins on, we happened to choose the one that coincides with his extended family being profiled at length in LuLaRich, the new Amazon Prime documentary about Latter-day Saint-founded LuLaRoe, a multi-level marketing company / alleged pyramid scheme. Some of the worst of presumed Latter-day Saint culture is on display in this series, so let’s get into the mess.
Plenty of other Latter-day Saint news for you, this week, as well!
Latter-day Saint News
- Jana Riess on LuLaRoe and the “shadow side of Mormon gender roles”
- But what is a hot drink?
- QAnon is canonized in a new Latter-day Saint religion
- The Church will not sign your vaccine exemption card on religious grounds
- Emeritus BYU professor really wants to get rid of beards at BYU
- Ground broken on Cambodia temple
- A non-LDS reporter toured the Pocatello Idaho Temple with Elder Stevenson
- The Yorba Linda California Temple looks cool!
- The Tabernacle Choir has a plan to return to singing
- Judge Tosses James Huntsman lawsuit
- Church will pay $250 million in Boy Scouts Abuse settlement
- President Nelson launches first-ever Spanish-only Instagram account
Support This Week in Mormons!
This ain’t free for us, but it’s mostly free for you. Stop making it free for you. Give us $5 a month. That’s it! So easy. Barely an inconvenience!