About the Role:
This Week in Mormons (TWiM) is one of the most popular Mormon-centric brands around, and a big part of that is our social media presence. We need a spirited and tenacious individual who will take our social media channels to the next level through great, creative postings and community engagement.
Working with the Editor in Chief, you will find the best news stories relevant to our audience and play an influential role in developing a relationship with our community. You will also have enormous latitude in proposing strategies to grow TWiM’s online presence.
Total time per week is likely a handful of hours, depending on how you work. (Are you a scheduler or an in-the-moment sharer?)
It wouldn’t be TWiM if this weren’t a remote position. There’s no money; just great bragging rights about having the ear of some of Mormondom’s greatest B-level pseudo celebrities.
- Manage content distribution across social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest if you rock that, Google+ if you are bored).
- Play a leading role in the TWiM Nation | Contributors and Prime Engagers Facebook Group.
- Establish relationships with new partners.
- Be strategic about social media. This isn’t a Doctor Cox situation.
- Stay abreast of trends in social media and establish new channels and/or practices as required.
- A passion for Mormon-related news and issues.
- Experience growing social media channels.
- Interest in Mormon doctrine, culture, and media.
- Ability to put up with TWiM’s founders.
- Availability to respond to communication and needs as they arise.
- Good sense of humor and a proclivity for self-mockery.
- Some sort of social media genius.
- Active member of the LDS Church (we’re not jerks about it, but why would you want to support TWiM otherwise?).
Sound fun? Shoot us an email: contact AT thisweekinmormons DOT com with a resume and cover letter.