This week represents a big milestone in the history of the show. For the first time ever, none other than Geoff’s mom, Barbara Openshaw, is in the hot seat to cover the news!
And what news there is, from the tension between scholarship and faith, to the real history of polygamy. Sit down for an hour and change and let the Openshaws take you to a better place. Barbara spent a few years living in China and provides an explanation about how the Church functions there. Plus we revisit the presidency of Russell M. Nelson as he turns 97.
Latter-day Saint News of the Week:
- Why polygamy isn’t as black and white as you think
- Newsweek stinks at headlines
- Man allegedly sets fire to LDS meetinghouses, crashes in Zion National Park
- California wildfire threatens historic Mormon Battalion site
- Oregon’s new temple is named for the Willamette Valley, the same valley that already has a temple
- Elder Dean M. Davies dies
- Cool story about how Elder Davies helped secure the site of the Philadelphia Pennsylvania Temple
- The tension between faith and scholarship