It’s a gargantuan show this week. A trio of hosts are with you to break down so much news: your beloved hero, Geoff Openshaw; longtime partner in temple predictions, Cory Ward; and host of “Pop Culture on the Apricot Tree,” Liz Busby. Geoff and Cory both toured the Washington DC Temple. Liz has updates on the Latter-day Saint literary community.
Latter-day Saint News
- Cory attends the Young Adult devotional where President and Sister Nelson spoke, but there were no promised cardboard cutouts!
- LoveLoud, a festival to help LGBTQ individuals, particularly Latter-day Saints, happens at the same time the Church releases a video tour of the Washington DC Temple
- Dan Reynolds of Imagine Dragons pays off the mortgage of Velour, a beloved music venue in Provo
- Missionaries are using social media to share the gospel now more than ever – but is it a successful approach?
- Church humanitarian aid exceeded $900 million in 2021
- The sister of “Under the Banner of Heaven” subject (and victim) Brenda Lafferty speaks out on the series
- The Washington Post covers Utah’s dirty soda empire
- 20 movies every Latter-day Saint has seen!
- 100th anniversary of Primary Children’s Hospital
- LDS Living writes a piece that seems to be native advertising for the author’s Instagram account
- Virtual tour of the Washington DC Temple
- The Church News podcast covers the “reverse open houses” in Washington, DC
- Should Brad Wilcox be teaching boys about puberty?
- Buzzfeed covers the “Black Menaces” at BYU
- Six ways to support bishops!
- Hate crime charges come in two separate anti-LDS cases
- Conservative think tank head thinks the Church should voluntarily revoke its tax-exempt status
- Brandon Sanderson and Darius Gray win Whitney Awards – awards for books written by LDS authors
- Bela Petsco, whose memoir about his mission cost him his job at BYU, dies
Please Support the Show!
We’re trying to keep This Week in Mormons going, and we need you to join us on Patreon to make it happen. Click on the image below and pledge $3 per month to help us continue making great content.